Monday, July 6, 2015

4th of July in Sicuani!

This week was a little crazy. First, I packed everything to move literally 5 minutes away. #IHatePacking

Second, I sweat for the first time in my whole mission. It was hot. Not going to lie, I didn´t miss the whole sweating thing.

Third, It was INDEPENDENCE DAY! Which pretty much just meant that we worked while wearing red, white, and blue. We went to Chumo (a part of our sector that has 90% cows and sheep and 10% people. I love Chumo.), there was snow in the mountains, we took a lot of pics, and then later that day we went to a funeral of  member that neither of us knew. Odd 4th of July, but it was really great too. It was nice to be a support for the family of that member who died, and there was SNOW in the mountains! 




4th of July in Sicuani. There was snow in the mountains :) 


Fourth, I love my comp. She´s so great. We were in the same district in Cusco, so it´s fun to reminisce... (someone... How do you spell that? I used to know.) She´s from Columbia, so there went the Argentina pattern, but I´m  just happy I still have a latina companion :) Latinas are the best.


My Colombiana compañera celebrating the 4th of July with me. She´s a sweetheart. 


Fifth, me and our district leader spent about 5 minutes trying to remember what a power converter was called. And actually, I´m still not sure that power converter is the right word.

Sixth, I studied the crap out of April´s conference issue. And I found a quote that I LOVE.

"I am here because I desire with all my heart to follow my Master, Jesus Christ. I yearn to do all that He asks of me in this great cause. I hunger to be edified by the Holy Spirit and hear the voice of God as He speaks through His ordained servants. I am here to become a better -woman- , to be lifted by the inspiring examples of my brothers and sisters in Christ, and to learn how to more effectively minister to those in need. In short, I am here because I love my Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. This is why -I am- willing to make sacrifices and not just declarations to follow the Savior."  - Dieter F. Uchtdorf (On Being Genuine - April 2015 General Conference)

It´s so true. This is why I´m here. I´m here to invite others to come unto Christ. And sometimes, I´m not going to see the fruits of my work here. Who knows if I ever will. Occassionally that bums me out a little bit. But if I leave it all in the mission field. If I work so hard, and continue to improve and get to the point where I´m so used up that I´m the woman God wants me to be, it doesn´t really matter if I see the fruits. Because I´ll know that I did my best and that God is pleased with me. And that´s what really matters. I yearn and strive to be who our Heavenly Father wants me to be. So I´ll do whatever He asks of me. I´m willing to make the sacrifices. They might not be easy, but hey. I´ll have the Lord on my side. 

It really can´t get much better than this.

I love you all so much!
Happy 4th, happy birthday to my little brother Justin, and have a great week!

Hna Hill



Saying goodbye last week to Annel and Alejandra. Two of my favorite people ever :)


And the niños, who refused to believe I was leaving.


My pensionista Carmen, her family, me and my comp, and the elders. 



I found a tiny little frog. And I picked it up. And then tried to kiss it.

Gotta find my prince charming somehow, right? Why not a tiny frog in Chumo? #ILoveChumo

No comments:

Post a Comment