Monday, December 15, 2014

We're Gonna Egg That So Hard!

My companion, Hermana Condie, is from America, but she´s been out here so long that she´s not very good at English anymore :) So one morning instead of saying we´re gonna milk that, she said egg that. Our days are FILLED with funny things like that :) and I love it.

So, I don´t have a ton to say this week because I want to send a lot of pictures and also respond better to you peeps :) I feel bad with my one sentence responses.

Last Monday after emailing we went to the Templo de la Luna ruins up past the Cristo Blanco, and they were incredible :) Most of the pictures are from that. At night, the moon lights up the whole cave thing and I think that would be the coolest thing in the world to see, but you know, that´ll have to wait til after the mission :) Man, the Incas were awesome. My companion was still sick, so she stayed at home with one of the other Hermanas and I was companions with Hermana Valverde for a day. I love Hermana Valverde. She´s one of the funniest people I've ever met and I just adore her broken English because most of the time she´s saying ridiculous things, because she knows they´re funny.


Templo de La Luna

 






(Hermanas Hill and Valverde)

This week I also was sick for a couple of days, because that sickness was passed around our whole apartment. So fun :) haha. It wasn´t bad, it just sucked that we couldn´t work for a day and a half. 

So, the pictures. Most are from Templo de la Luna, a couple are signs, one is Saqsaywaman, which is the area that Templo de la Luna and the walls with all of the rocks that you can´t put a knife blade between are. Another is a sign that says Cusco is the Ombligo del Mundo or something like that - the belly button of the world :) Jacker Cracker thought that was hilarious before I left, so I took that picture for him :) Others are me and my companion by some grafiti, and then with our pensionista´s son, Benji. He´s probably my favorite person in all of Cusco. He told me yesterday that I´m the Queen, he´s the King, and Hermana Condie is the jester. Hahaha. He also told us to make zombie faces in the last picture. So we did :) I adore that kid. He´s a crack up.



(the belly button of the world)



Hermana Condie


(Hermanas Condie and Hill with Benji)
(Jester, King, and Queen)



(Zombies)

We´ve been sharing messages about Christmas in the street, and we´ve had people look up this video, called Él es la Dádiva. It´s called, He is the Gift in English, I think. Anyway, the video is gorgeous and I cry every time we get the chance to watch it with our investigators. Christ is the very best gift we could ever have been given. And God loves us so much that He was willing to give him to us and Christ loves us so much that He was willing to give Himself. I´m so amazed by the love and power that this message shows to our investigators. I love this gospel so much. And I LOVE preaching His gospel. Even though I´m still working on the Spanish thing :) 

Ciao! (Wait. How do you spell ciao??) 

Love you all so much!

Hermana Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment