Wednesday, November 18, 2015

(Kelly Here again) No Email Stories V 2.0

We didn't receive much of an update from Keni this week. She didn't email on Monday, which had me worried because she's been so sick, but she emailed on Tuesday and had some great news:

"I saw the doc yesterday - BACTERIA FREE! Woohooo! I´m good. Strong. Healthy, etc. She told me "hey, be careful for these last 5 months. Don´t want to go home with that bacteria again!" haha."

That makes a mum and dad feel good!

After telling Keni about my girls day with her aunt and grandmas, this is what she had to say:

"Travelling and doctors yesterday. We literally had no time :) Yay for girls day! I want one one of the first days home. My feet and hands are horrible and I need me some manicures and pedicures."

So there you go - I'll be sure to schedule some pampering time with the girl. Can't wait! I'm pretty sure the reason she didn't write an update this week is because I had asked her to send a Christmas list so I could get a package sent out right away. It's pretty extensive and includes things to "make her pretty" in the next several months. Teeth whitening, facial cleansers, a new straightener, etc. Merry Christmas to the girl! :)

We did get a few photos. Enjoy!


The bacteria test - LIBRE SOY! #SpanishFrozen I no longer have the chupaguata (stomach sucker). The only bonus - lost a ton of weight!


Sleeping on the bus returning to Sicuani. It helps me not get bus-sick. A little.


Comp selfies. We have fun.


(Kelly here) I'm not sure what this is but a quick Google search turned up a few headlines such as:

"15 of the Most Dangerous Festivals Around the World"

"How Some Peruvians Celebrate Christmas: Christmas should be a time for peace and joy, but, as we all know, “quality time” with family and friends can drive even the most zen-minded among us a little nuts. Some Peruvians have found the perfect sublimation strategy. It’s called Takanakuy, and it involves knocking out your nearest and dearest on Christmas Day."

Yes, now I understand the look on her face. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment